Thursday, December 14, 2006

How To Overcome That Sense Of Insecurity

“The opposite of security is insecurity, and the only way to overcome insecurity is to take risks.”

Theodore Forstmann


I experimented a feeling of insecurity many times in my early adolescence and especially during the college periods.

Do you know why? Because I had a very caricatured image of myself these days.

I did not really know myself so it was very difficult to build optimal relations with men and women.

The problem with my shyness taken a big part of my first 30 years cause I never feel ready to start successfully relationship both of sentimental and professional type
But there was an exact turning point in my life, exactly when I was forced to speech en public during my Master to present the breefing of my work group.

At this point I decided to play my role and to take my responsibilities until the end of the game.

Making the effort, I realized something good and unexpected was going to originate from my interior.

For the first time in my life I was able to change my caricatured image in a completely different image, an image of successful professional, an image of successful man, able to communicate well to the others and also I was finally well appreciated.

That was the first time I had to admit to myself that our potential is like a one hundred levels skyscraper of which we have decided to only live the first floor, while the 99 others are still not liveable!

Obviously this is a metaphor to say that many times we prefer not to take any risk and then to rest into our mediocrity.

It does not matter if the first time we feel clumsy and ungainly, this is normal, but more important thing is to put our effort on and to take some risks!

This simple act is an extraordinary gesture; it can really make the difference in our lives!

So take you risk and go! That sense of insecurity will vanish soon!

No comments: