Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Avoid False Limits Searching For A New Job

"I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed; and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep on trying."

Tom Hopkins

"I am too much young", "I am too much old", "I am a woman", "I have no diploma", "I have no professional experience", and so on.

All these affirmations sounds like a final judgement.

Many people often repeat these sentences when are searching for a new job.

This is specifically true on my opinion, when you are fired and have trouble for sentimental reasons in the same time!

You feel bad and insecure, I know. Therefore you need to be aware of it and to react as soon as possible.

Unfortunately this may happens, so what do you do?

You are searching unconsciously to confirm these negative thoughts in any way, transforming them into reality.

These affirmations refer to situations that simply cannot be changed without a magic wand!

I am talking about self-imposed false limits. Why are they false?

Because there is no reason to consider them as a handicap, on the contrary you have always the power to transform these facts in your secret weapons!

The limit is only a pretext to emphasize an aspect of your situation.

It is up to you to reverse passive and paralyse thinking into positive!

No comments: