Thursday, October 05, 2006

Take Care Of Your Planet

“What's the use of a fine house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?”

Henry David Thoreau


I have always known that the to know doesn't necessarily make the wisest man.

To increase your knowledge won't serve you to anything if in the meantime you won't also have worried about the planet in which you live.

I firmly believe that one of the duties of every intellectual man is to make others aware of the delicate equilibrium between the man and the nature.

It is not my intention to repeat here things that are by now obvious, as the increasing environmental degrade, and I don't even have interest to emphasize alarmist messages.

What interests me is to underline the relationship between the improvement of itself and the respect for the natural environment.

I think besides that of environment and of energy one speaks a lot, but one does a very few things in concrete, in him or her every day life.

I don't even believe is had to return back in the time and being against the economic and technological development.

I have always sustained the development of the ideas, of the science, of the technology, and of the economic liberty.

Nevertheless I believe that without a holistic approach, an approach that holds in consideration both the economy and the environment, humanity simply will get nowhere.

No comments: