Monday, October 23, 2006

The Ideal Career Is To Become You

"The best careers advice to give to the young is 'Find out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for doing it.'"

Katherine Whitehorn

Dear friend, you probably won't believe what I am about to tell you, even if it deals with the greatest truth that I have discovered during mine career.

I suppose you is enough young and that you are interested to some advice on things like job and career.

Everybody always told you that every respectable person it has to have a proper role in the society, therefore a job dignified, a family, and so on, true?

There is nothing wrong in this, I absolutely agree.

However what happens when you go out of the college?

It is like to wake up from a long numbness: you brusquely realize you that life is an enormous arena, where it is necessary to compete, to race more of the others, to be the most cunning, true?

It will very probably be your turn to go up through the ranks, therefore if you will do better and you will respect your superior perhaps it will be then you granted to advance.

But unfortunately the things are not always so easy, you have ever wondered, why?

You think that the guilt is of the world, in which we live, of the society, of the political, of the nations?

The fact that life is hard for everybody it is not a matter of guilt, neither of fortune or adversity, is only a matter of as you see yourself.

I speak to you for direct experience and because I lived it in first person.

There are certainly people that have helped me, as my father, so many others have hindered me, but to me they didn't interest neither the favours neither the obstacles.

To me it interested to stay free to have my experiences and to go on.

What really interested me was to keep on doing something in which could be free from schedules and from directives, this means to say to make self-employed and to never have boss.

Besides my discipline and my ethics imposed not me of to try to get favours from anybody, included the obligation of to reciprocate in expectancy them.

In the meantime it interested me to learn how much more it was possible from every experience, also to loss of the monetary profit.

I had to make this at any costs. Will you ask yourself why? I perhaps have had some self-esteem problems during my infancy but now it does not matter: in to do this I have continually looked for the energies inside myself.

What I have learned is that there is an enormous potential inside each of us, a mysterious strength, a reserve of creativeness, of energy and of intelligence unbelievable.

Others are only on your mirror: the problem is that you don't know it. You can only experiment it.

In 1995 I had run for an important project of consultation, it treated of a charge of great responsibility, but I was the more young of the team and there were some most elderly colleagues and more experienced of me.

Do you know it how I got that charge? (What the figure yielded me of around $25.000,00 for 17 days of job, not bad!)

Showing to the project leader at the same time 2 things:

The first one was that if they didn't give me that job I lived the same and what if they were them to lose the opportunity to do a beautiful it shows up with the client.

The second was that I absolutely felt me sure of me and to be able to develop that assignment.

In 1995 I practised disciplines of the mind as the yoga one and meditation, "re-birthing" techniques and the "job to the mirror" of Louis Hay.

The results have been impressive and superior to any optimistic expectation.

It considers that I had never developed in precedence a similar charge and what the client was a great Italian industrial group.

Besides I didn't originate from their field.

My colleagues had to the shoulders a career as executives of firm, while I was a simple advisor in subject by law of the job and pay rolls.

My preceding experiences in the formation were limited to small interventions on behalf of regional corporate body of formation and in favour of young students, not of pictures and business executives.

Okay, I had a MBA but any experience as business educator in great firms.

At the end of the project, everybody was happy, the questionnaires apprised you of end course of 117 pictures and executives were all positive ones regard my performance.

The person responsible of the society of consultation (the project leader and senior consultant) has to retract him on the opinion about me and the customer was happy about the project, which went to good end.

Since then I understood that some situation doesn't exist neither of favour neither of difficulty, they exist only your mirror and you.

If you succeed in convincing the mirror (your unconscious) that you are able to do that job and that you deserve it to you, anybody, I say, anybody on this world can ever stop you!

No comments: