Friday, October 27, 2006

How-to Deal With False Self-Confidence

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. "

Sir Winston Churchill

The people that appear gifted in a false mastery of itself in almost all the circumstances are insecure people or they are "absolutists".

What type is the absolutist and because we speak here instead of speaking of self-learning and self-improvement?

The stereotype of the absolutist is that of an authoritarian individual, normally male, that expects blind obedience from all the others to which he can impose there own authority.

It deals with an aggressive, impatient and arrogant type, dogmatic, of narrow thought, one with which you absolutely cannot be reasoned.

The archetype of the absolutist could be one as Hitler.

I don't have difficulty to affirm that my father was an individual absolutist.

My father is dead 11 years ago.

Certainly I am thankful to him for the ethical principles that he has taught me and for the fact to have me beloved, even in his own way.

Nevertheless I have always had a hostile relationship with him really in regard to the ideas on the reality of the world and the relationship with the others.

He was without any doubt a type absolutist and pessimistic, while I always consider me eclectic, creative and optimist in any situation.

I have to also thank my father to have been different from me.

This has always pushed me to compare me with my deeper insecurities and with the image that I had made of me during my infancy.

I can quietly affirm that the run of personal growth that I began on myself really his death's year (1995) and that still continuous it is the true reason for my search and my personal improvement.

I don't believe is necessary for anybody to have a hostile relationship with his/her own father to have an auto motivation to improve oneself.

Nevertheless the extraordinary things that I have learned in my career and in my life and that have brought me to my success I owe them to the hostile relationship with my father.

No comments: