Saturday, October 07, 2006

Do You Own A Method To Learn?

"The potential in you is new in nature, and no one but you can know what you can do, nor will you know until you have tried."

Dr. Ari Kiev

Dear friend, have you noticed that I am often referring to "How to improve" rather than "What You Need to Improve"?

I have dedicated this blog to the subject of "How-To" for an exact reason: give advice about methods.

There simply too many places on the Internet where you can find information about everything, but they are not sufficiently places where you can find suggestions about how to build your own method.

Wich methods? I am talking about self-learning methods and also self-improvement methods.

I have no magic formulas. But I have experience, because I learned the great part of my life as self-taught, so I know what has worked and what did not.

The most important thing I learned is the importance to have and owning a method and to follow it regularly.

First of all a self-improvement method is a mix of self-discipline, self-confidence, self-esteem, awareness, intellectual humility and self-knowingness.

I cannot easily divide the concepts of self-learning and self-improvement, they forms a whole, on my opinion.

Maybe you do not believe me, but I am sincere: I have never learned something that was not also functional to my self-improvement.

I do not believe in "pre-built" learning methods. I was uneasy at school time, especially when I was forced to follow an other people's learning method, not my own.

You need to know yourself, your purposes, your style, your preferences, then you need to continuously adapt what can you absorb to your own context.

In doing that, it is preferable that you maintain your own perspective and I think a critical approach is also suitable.

In the next posts, I will better explain you what my believes are, and I will give you more details about my method.

No comments: